To join the affiliate program:
Note: eJunkie has separate seller and affiliate accounts. Be sure you sign up for an affiliate account. The seller accounts are only to upload products and they cost money.
- Sign up for a free affiliate account with e-Junkie here.
- Come back to this page and click this link to join Parsley and Pumpkin's affiliate program.
This is what you'll see when you create your affiliate account.
To link your paypal account (so you can get paid!):
- Go to your affiliate dashboard.
- Click "Edit Profile" just under your affiliate ID
- Towards the bottom of the page, add the email address associated with your paypal account.
- Click "apply" to save changes.
- If you don't already have a paypal account, set one up here. It's the safest and most reliable way for you to be paid.
To get your affiliate link:
1. Go to your e-Junkie dashboard.
2. Select Parsley and Pumpkins from the program list.
3. You'll see a box to select which product you want to promote.
4. Scroll down to the HTML code. The code provided by e-Junkie will simply create hyperlinked text. Instead, I suggest grabbing your URL from inside the code and creating your own text or hyperlinking an image.
5. Your URL is the part inside the first set of quotation marks.
6. You can use this hyperlink anywhere. I suggest hyperlinking images or text on your website.
To use your affiliate link in social media:
- You can shorten any URL, including your affiliate link using bit.ly
- Legally, you're supposed to disclose that it is an affiliate link. See below.
To disclose your affiliate involvement:
The FTC has specific requirements for spreading sponsored & affiliate content and links across the internet. The gist is that you need to disclose that the link is an affiliate link right away in a blog post or social media post. You can read their PDF guide here.
For blog posts: include a short disclosure at the beginning of your post. Something like; "This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission. This helps to put food on my table and on the blog!"
For social media: it is recommended to begin your post with "affiliate link:" For example, a twitter post might say, "affiliate link: You're going to love eating your veggies with this cookbook! http://bit.ly/1FY8HTR"
This series by Bloggy Law is a great resource for more information.
- When buyers click on your link, e-Junkie will put a cookie on their browser to remember them. This is what allows e-Junkie to track who clicked your link and how much money you've earned from your sales.
- The cookie will stay active on the buyer's browser for 6 months. You'll receive the commission as long as they purchase within 6 months of clicking your link.
- The pdf file for the cookbook is housed on e-Junkie's servers. As soon as a buyer purchases the cookbook, they will receive an email with a link to download the cookbook. It's all automated so you don't have to worry about managing the tech side.
- You will be paid monthly through paypal within one week after month's end. If you do not currently have a paypal account, you must set one up before I can pay you.
The Casual Veggie is $18.
You will receive 40%, or $7.20, per book sold through your affiliate link.
Check out this page for more details about ejunkie or contact me at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
I so truly believe that people should be able to make a living doing what they love. I hope sincerely that you make money with The Casual Veggie and your audience gets an awesome resource to help make their lives a little easier!